Filed under: ridiculous | Tags: cabelas, cabelas spring catalog, david herndon, glomitts, mad bomber fur hat, outdoor gear, ridiculous, tacky shirt
This came in the mail earlier this week. It is a hardback, limited edition, spring catalog from Cabela’s outdoor store. Its also 8 x 10 in, and well over an inch thick. The reasons I find this ridiculous are pretty simple:
1. It is a catalog – Nothing special, commemorative, or limited about that . It’s still just a catalog full of junk that Cabela’s wants me to buy.
2. It is hardback – I can’t think of a bigger waste of money. The only reason I haven’t thrown this catalog away yet is because I wanted to take a picture of it for this post. As soon as I publish this post, the catalog goes in the trash in all of its ridiculous hardback glory. Like I said, its still just a catalog.
Cabela’s: If you really want to impress me and encourage me to buy something, then send me some free stuff. I mean, if you’re going to spend that much money making your catalog a hardback book, then you could definitely afford to send me a free gift. Here are a few suggestions from your catalog that fit into the price range of a hardback book:
1. The Mad Bomber Rabbit Fur Hat. I probably won’t wear this much, but it will be a lot of fun when I do.
2. The Guidewear Glomitts. I like this product because its really two things in one, and you invented a new word. Now that’s commemorative!
3. This Buttondown Shirt. Because nothing says “I’m an outdoorsman” better than a nice buttondown Oxford with pictures of deer and trees all over it… except a hardback catalog sitting on the coffee table.
Thanks, Cabela’s. I’ll be looking for these gifts in the mail soon!